ADVANTAGES OF CROSS-DOCKING SERVICES OF GTAL
- Prompt delivery of cargoes to receivers or retail networks
- Cost optimization by simplification of a logistic chain
- Risk mitigation of financial losses due to expiration dates
- Geographic growth of the customer database
Cross-docking is a process of acceptance and shipment of goods and cargoes directly through a warehouse, i.e. without their placement in a storage zone. This is a complex of operations on acceptance and shipment of products directly through a distribution center, without placing goods in a long-term storage zone.
The cross-docking procedure is used for changing a transportation type, retail distribution of a large lot of goods, sorting out of materials for various routes, combination of assorted cargoes for one transportation vehicle or vice versa, i.e. preparation of cargoes from one large transportation vehicle into several small ones.
- Entrepreneurs involved in bulk deliveries, who need to deliver goods as soon as possible;
- If small lots from various suppliers shall be consolidated;
- When processing season articles or perishable goods;
- When conducting promotional or advertizing events
Cross-docking from General Trans Alliance Logistic
Own warehouses with loading docks, necessary machinery, vehicle fleet, experienced personnel allow us to quickly and reliably render the cross-docking service. We do not engage contractors! We bear responsibility for your cargo!